We understand that there is a lot to consider when you are searching for a new place to rent. On this page, we want to answer some of the most common questions you may have.
How do you qualify tenants?
- We will run a credit and criminal background check. We ensure that you have met your financial obligations. We check to see if there are any collections outstanding from previous landlords or utility companies.
- Previous rental history is checked to determine if payment were made as agreed and the property was properly maintained.
- Gross monthly income is verified.
- An application can be submitted via our website or by clicking here. We require a completed and signed the application to be received from each person 18 years of age or older.
How much is the security deposit?
- The security deposit is equal to the base rent amount.
- Security deposits can NOT be used for the last months’ rent
How can I be sure I will get my security deposit back?
- The original lease term must be fulfilled.
- The property is to be returned to the owner in the same condition as when you rented, ordinary wear and tear excepted.
- At the time of move in, an inspection form is given to each tenant to complete. This is your means of detailing any defects and will be used as a reference document determining the condition of the property upon your exit.
- The cleaning checklist must be completed.
Do you allow pets on your properties?
- The pet restrictions vary property to property. Some properties may have size and breed restrictions. Feel free to contact us regarding your pet!
- An additional security deposit of $200 will be required on those properties accepting pets. The pet deposit is fully refundable provided there are no damages upon move out.
- Some properties charge an additional monthly pet rental fee.
- Upon your move out, all carpets are required to be professionally cleaned. Proof of this performed service is required.
- We require renter insurance for pets.
When can I see the properties?
- Properties will be shown by appointments only as we try to respect the current tenant’s privacy. Please call the office anytime between 9 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday to set up an appointment. You can also submit a request under “contact us.”
When is the rent usually due?
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month with a 5-day grace period.
How do I pay?
- Payment must be paid with verified funds only (cashiers check, money order or paid online). We do not accept cash, credit cards, or personal checks. Payment during business hours may be mailed or brought into the office from 9 am – 5 pm. Monday through Friday.
- Payment after business hours may be done so by utilizing the rent drop box located to the right of the front door of the business office.
- Pay your rent online through your Tenant Portal 24/7.
What if I decide to move before my lease is up?
- You are still responsible for the rent until the end of the lease term or until it is re-rented. We will work with you to assist in getting the unit re-rented to a qualified tenant as soon as possible.
If I move-in mid-month, is that when I pay my rent each month?
- No. For any move-in that occurs on a day other than the 1st, we charge prorated rent the second month of tenancy in order to bring the Rent Due Date to the first of each month. These terms will be in your lease agreement and explained to you at lease-signing.
Am I required to have Renters Insurance?
- Tenants are not required to have renters insurance unless they have been allowed to have pets on the property. We strongly encouraged all tenants to obtain Renters Insurance to protect their household goods.
What is the procedure for moving out of my unit?
- If your lease is about to end, that does not mean you are required to move, or that we anticipate a move-out. Rider Property Management, LLC will contact you approximately 45 days prior to the end of your lease to negotiate a lease renewal or extension. However, if you decide to move-out, you MUST turn in our written 11 30 Day Notice” of your intent to vacate. You can call and request this form, find it on your tenant website, or click here. Follow up with a call to the office to confirm receipt of the notice.
- Please Note: If you are not moving out at the exact end of the month, prorated rent will be due which MUST be paid at the beginning of the month.
How do I set up my utilities?
Utilitiespage on this site will provide you with links and contact information for county utility providers. Unless specified in your lease agreement, utilities at your rental property should be transferred into your name on the start date of your lease term.
How can I get documents for my tenancy?
- You can call our office during business hours and request a copy, sign into your online account and download the document or click below:
- Move-in Inspection Report
- Intent to Vacate
- Lead based Paint Brochure
- Move-out Checking List